Let’s Grow Where We Live
Would you like to become part of an innovative and collaborative organisation working to create better places to live where nature enriches all their built environments?
This is great opportunity for the right candidate to develop further knowledge, skills, and qualifications towards advancing a landscape career within an award-winning Sheffield based community interest company.
About the Role
Following the recent uplift in their landscape business an exciting new post has arisen for a full-time Assistant Landscape Manager, with opportunities for career progression, to assist the landscape team.
As a key member of their team, you will be supporting the delivery of an existing portfolio of landscape and green roof maintenance contracts as well as assisting with winning new works. You will be a customer facing, hard-working and well organised individual, with attention to detail who enjoys producing accurate information in a timely manner. You will have the opportunity to broaden your knowledge and get involved with a wide range of landscape/green roof and maintenance contracts. A willingness to learn will be essential as ongoing training and development will be a key part of your role.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Landscape knowledge: You will likely have some practical experience of landscape maintenance/construction. It would be advantageous is you had a landscape related degree or equivalent qualification
- Learning: You will be keen to develop and learn new knowledge and skills enabling your willingness to progress in your career development
- Quotes/Estimating: You will be aware of what is required on a variety of landscape tasks and will have some knowledge of how to produce a quote for a landscape/landscape maintenance job. You will be good with numbers and will have a keen eye for detail; you excel on producing accurate information in a timely manner
- Health and Safety: You will have an understanding of health & safety issues relating to landscape maintenance/construction and will have knowledge or experience with writing risk assessments, undertaking regular and routine checks and taking decisions, actions and reporting on risks. You are highly conscientious to all health and safety concerns
- Site Maintenance: You will be proactive and enthusiastic in caring for their customers sites. You will be diligent in ensuring that all regular and routine tasks are completed by the on-site teams. You will be fully aware (and may have prior experience of) the range of tasks involved in conducting landscape maintenance/construction and will be diligent at record keeping
- Project Management: You will have the initiative to be able to help plan a landscape maintenance/construction job and be conscientious in keeping constant communication with the variety of customers
In turn they can offer you:
- A friendly and supportive working environment working within a unique and diverse organisation
- On-going training and development
- 31 days annual leave pro rata, company sick pay scheme, company life assurance and free onsite parking.
This role is based in their Sheffield offices and has potential for work across the UK.
Closing date: 15th September 2021
Interview date: End September
How to Apply
If this role is of interest and you would like to learn more, you can attach your CV to the link provided and the Hiring Company will be in direct contact.
Applicants are required to complete an application form which can be obtained by contacting the company via the following email; - firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 0114 276 2828 or through the company website https://greenestate.org.uk/jobs/
Green Estate is a Social Enterprise Company that believes in Equal Opportunities for its employees and the communities it supports.