We are looking for a Care Assistant who is able to:
- Look after the physical, emotional, cultural and social needs of the residents using a person-centred approach.
- Observe and promote the residents’ choice, dignity and privacy.
- Create and maintain good professional relationships with residents, their families and other stakeholders and to adhere to all regulatory and statutory obligations, policies, procedures and guidelines.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide personal care and support to residents with a wide-range of needs. Support residents in all aspects of their personal care, including personal hygiene, bathing, dressing and toileting.
- Provide appropriate physical, emotional, cultural and intellectual support to residents to enable them to fulfil their aspirations as determined through the individual care planning process.
- Provide appropriate support that ensures that the dignity and privacy of each individual is promoted at all times, and that maximises the potential of each individual to live as independently as they are able to.
- Positively contribute to the care and support assessment and care planning process for individuals through discussion, review processes and attendance at meetings.
- Experience working in a care setting and in addressing the personal care needs of service users in line with individual care plans
- Knowledge of person-centred care
- Ability to effectively communicate with service users and colleagues, both verbally and in writing
- Able to support/encourage service users to undertake physical care needs
- Experience of working with older people
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to contribute to service-users assessments and reviews
- Experience in working with people with dementia
- Knowledge of community and social care resources
- Knowledge of the Health and Safety legislation