We are looking for a Children's Services improvement Project Manager with responsibilities to scope, manage and successfully deliver a range of improvement projects across the service as required
The post holder will support the Children's Services Improvement Programme and help drive operational improvements and change. This role will involve implementing change and supporting others to understand the need for improving our service delivery. Working across the whole of the Dudley Children's Service this role will have a broad focus and requires the post holder to have experience of delivering successful improvement projects from inception to close. Interaction and liaison with internal and external partners will be key in order to build relationships and support specific pieces of work.
The post holder will have experience of working within a change environment, successfully working with partners to ensure projects and work streams are delivered on time and to the required quality standards. You will also have an understanding of the challenges relating to Children’s Services.
The Childrens Services (CS) Project Manager will mange both current and developmental projects and in order to ensure that the projects are delivering their objectives to improve the quality of service delivery.
The post holder will need:
- To develop and implement projects that support the CS Improvement Strategy.
- To work with the Heads of Service, Managers and team members in analysing, monitoring, reporting on specific projects. This would also include producing reports.
- To create and manage all project artefacts such as project plans and risk registers.
- To create and deliver all project updates and risk reporting to both local and strategic boards.
- To continually evaluate and measure the effectiveness of CS improvement project and work-stream delivery.
- To ensure all delivery staff understand the scope of any improvement projects that are being implemented.
- To build relationships with internal and external project contributors utilising strong communication skills.
- To effectively understand service change designed to help achieve Childrens Services overall strategic priorities and aims.
- To work flexibly and swiftly across Childrens Services providing innovative solutions to prevalent issues.
- To ensure a high level of internal data quality and accuracy. Working closely with the Data Team to ensure accurate reporting data for the Children’s Services Improvement Board.
- Ensure that the views and influence of parents, carers, children and young people are embedded in service delivery and service improvement.
- Actively promote and contribute to the strategic developments for children, young people and their families with social care needs living in Dudley.
- Quality assure reports, assessments and project plans to ensure that they are balanced, evidence based, analytical, and of good quality prior to submission to external agencies.
- Perform effectively, ensuring that the service achieves its operational plan, by promoting an appropriate culture empowering others and setting and maintaining high and measurable standards of practice.
- Ensure compliance with legislation, regulation, procedures, guidance, protocols and inspection / review recommendations and have a clear understanding of how their role contributes and improves outcomes for children, young people and their families.
- Regularly carry out sample audits to assure the quality of practice and to inform improvement actions.
- Evaluate the impact and effectiveness of Intervention & Prevention services in safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, reducing the need for statutory assessment and help
- Undertake additional duties commensurate with the job role.
Must be able to demonstrate significant experience of managing and delivering improvement projects ideally within a Local Government and/or Social Care environment
Have an understanding of the challenges relating to Childrens Social Care.
Must be able to demonstrate significant experience of working in a Change management environment.
Experience of cross directorate/partnership working within a project context and environment.
Experience of delivering successful projects from inception to full delivery.
Expert practitioner across the suite of Microsoft Office applications.