Location: Islington Greater London United Kingdom
2-3 Months Contract with a Local Authority based in London
Hybrid Working arrangement.
- We re looking for a talented and ambitious Communications and Content Assistant to work in our busy digital communications team.
- The role involves working across a range of digital channels including the corporate website, microsites/blogs such as IslingtonLife.london, social media, and e-bulletins, plus some traditional channels as required.
- The postholder will help the council tell its story, communicating the corporate priorities and creating compelling campaigns about the work the council is doing to create a more equal Islington. They will need to be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously, delivering high-quality, engaging content and campaigns on time, on brand, and on message. They will also play a key role in the day-to-day management of our social media channels, working closing with our customer services team.
- This is a great opportunity for someone just starting in their career and will allow the successful candidate to build their digital comms skills within a highly skilled and supportive team.
- Experience of digital communications and campaigns, including managing digital channels (example: e-newsletters, social media) in a corporate environment as a reputation management and community engagement tool.
- Ability to create e-newsletters/bulletins - from planning editorial content, copywriting, editing, layout, design, distribution and evaluation.
- Ability to monitor social media and experience of managing high profile social media accounts, providing consistent, timely and accurate responses.
- An understanding of local authorities, the political environment in which they operate and the key issues and challenges they face, including knowledge of the various laws and codes governing equalities and communications.