EVENTS PROJECT MANAGER
MUST BE SC CLEARED AND HAVE GOVERNEMENT EXPERIENCE
The Project Manager will be directly accountable to and line managed by the Head of Strategy Performance and Planning, and work to fulfil the identified work strands to achieve and host a successful conference.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the conference planning and programme and coordination of delegate attendance. They will be responsible for associated project management products; project plans; risk and issue registers - tracking and monitoring updates and managing escalations.
The Project Manager may also be responsible for managing the end-to-end delivery of specific project work packages associated with the conference delivery as directed
Will be able to seek professional guidance from specialists either in a dedicated Programme Management Office (PMO) or the Portfolio Management Office (PfMO), and will ensure implementation of programme / project management processes and standards, as defined by the Portfolio Office Centre of Excellence.
Working with a Team Leader, manage the conference project and associated work strand packages as assigned and overseen by the Strategy Performance and Planning Team.
Ensure that the conference programme is delivered within the agreed overall budget, including target revenue achievement.
Maintain third-party agreements necessary to support the delivery of the events such as AV suppliers, venues, speakers etc.
Continually develop management disciplines and processes to improve the efficiency and the customer experience of the conference including pre-planning, bookings, on event, de-briefings, measurement of guest experience and the tracking of all expenditure and revenue streams.
Ensuring delivery of the conference is in line with GDPR policy.
Support to ensure the project maintains a defined PPM maturity, as directed by the Portfolio Office.
Facilitating and coordinating meetings and associated conference administration to assist in the development of programme and project management products.
Create and maintain consistently high quality, accurate and relevant programme and project level governance products (e.g. delivery RAG, dependency logs, project plans, risks and issues register, benefits realisation plan, financial data, resource / workforce data).
Establish conference template and process, and that all conference governance decisions and actions are proactively followed through effectively and audited appropriately.
Maintain summary of Project/conference resources including organisation charts and trackers.
Establish and manage regular reporting cycles, ensuring highlight reports are submitted in accordance with reporting timelines and appropriate summary dashboards are prepared to enable effective decision making.
Manage effective and efficient standards, practices and processes, ensuring that all parts of the reporting framework are managed in a consistent and controlled way, so that the deliverables needed by the Conference Board are correct, timely and fit for purpose.
Assist with budget control, and maintaining status reports.
Responsibility for coordinating all budget lines within the events programme to ensure targets are met.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to plan, coordinate and manage a large event including associated stakeholders and suppliers.
- Ability to create and manage innovative solutions for events
- Must be flexible over working hours, anti-social hours, additional hours, evening work is required as dictated by the events programme.
- Ability to analyse and use programme and project management information to support effective decision making.
- Strong attention to detail, ensuring that reporting and delivery products are accurate and contain the necessary information to support effective decision making.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively and tactfully with people at all levels.
- Good facilitation skills, with the ability to elicit information and agreement from audiences of varying backgrounds.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, across all levels including stakeholder engagement skills.
- Highly organised and able to meet demanding deadlines in a pressured environment.
- Ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team.
- Self-starter, confident and capable of working both independently and collaboratively to tight deadlines with plenty of initiative.
- Strong IT skills in the use of Microsoft Products, MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Teams)
Experience & Knowledge
- Proven experience of organising and managing complex large scale events including conferences and exhibitions in a corporate and agency environment for 500+ delegates
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of all elements of event production
- Must understand the processes and timelines associated with managing events
- Experience of working within a project and programme management environment.
- Knowledge of or direct experience in applying programme and project management approaches such as MSP and PRINCE2.
- Experience with ITIL or Service Support management
Experience & Knowledge
- Experience of establishing and implementing reporting and change control mechanisms in a project and/or programme or business environment.
- Previous experience of working in (local) government, a security agency or policing is desirable.
PRINCE2: Practitioner (or recognised industry equivalent qualification).
Relevant degree or Events Management Qualification