WE ARE LOOKING FOR THE NEXT BEST HOUSINNG CHOICES OFFICER!!!
Experience, skills and knowledge
- Experience of undertaking assessments under Part VII of the Housing Act 1996 (as amended) and preventing homelessness in accordance with the provisions of the Homelessness Reduction Act is essential.
- Experience of preventing homelessness in accordance with the provisions of the Homelessness Reduction Act, associated Code of Guidance, case law and best practice.
- Experience of assessing people’s housing need, reflecting their specific circumstances, creating tailored Personal Housing Plans to either prevent or relieve homelessness and with a full understanding of the vulnerabilities and complexities presented by individuals
- Experience of managing a complex and demanding case load in a busy and often challenging environment, ensuring all options are thoroughly explored.
- Experience of undertaking the assessment and investigation of homeless applications under Part VII of the Housing Act 1996 (as amended) where prevention/relief is not possible, and inform clients of their assessment outcome.
- Experience of maintaining high levels of good customer care and empathy throughout.