Purpose of the Role:
- To provide assessment, care management and social work services to users and carers arising out of the Council’s Duties and powers under legislation, Council and Group Policy.
- To provide the social work component of Barnet, Enfield, Haringey NHS Mental Health Trust’s multidisciplinary Community Mental Health Teams.
- To work in accordance with Guidelines set out by local management and make full use of local voluntary and statutory resources in delivering a service.
Collaboration with the multi disciplinary team in order to: -
- Undertake assessment of need and establish eligibility for services under Fairer Access to Care and the Care Programme Approach for adults with mental health problems and their carers and families
- To provide a social work services for adults with mental health problems and their carers
- To act as a care coordinator according to the requirement of a care programme approach
- To be aware of resources available within the mental health speciality
- To be managed and receive professional supervision and to be assessed against agreed standards and targets
- To work within a multidisciplinary team participating in duty rotas systems
- To undertake safeguarding adult enquiries
- To undertake the duties of an AMHP participating in the boroughs AMHP rota
- DipSW or CQSW or equivalent and HCPC Registered
- Experience and knowledge of mental health work and statutory framework
- Experience of multidisciplinary team work
- Experience of care management
- Excellent written and verbal communication and engagement