About the Nursery:
- Our principal aim is to provide a happy, holistic, caring and secure environment for children from 2 to 5 years.
- Our structured pre-school program is designed to stimulate and enhance each child’s educational and social development providing an excellent foundation for school and later life.
- We are committed to providing the highest standard of childcare possible. Our commitment is reflected in the Ofsted report for each nursery, in our Policy and Procedures and in our Partnership with Parents.
- We are members of the National Day Nurseries Association (NDNA) and are inspected by Ofsted, Environmental Health, Health and Safety Officers and Quality Inspectors. Security and child protection are of utmost priority and our policies and procedures are updated annually.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing a high standard of physical, emotional, social, and intellectual education and care for children placed in the nursery using the Montessori approach to lead the child towards mastering his/her environment.
- Supervision of and support to the other personnel within the nursery therefore implementing high standards of quality practices.
- The day-to-day management of the Nursery in terms of organising and implementing the curriculum for the Early Years Foundation stage using the Montessori approach to provide an environment in which children gain experience through activities and movement.
- Assisting with the day to day management of the nursery to ensure that parents and carers of children, are provided with high-quality childcare, which meets the requirements of the Children’s Act and the Early Years Foundation Stage Welfare Requirements and in line with Montessori teachings.
- To work with the Management Team to ensure that a caring and stimulating environment is provided for children. This should take into account individual developmental needs and enables children to reach their full potential.
- To work within the Children’s Act and ensure that local standards and guidelines are adhered to.
- To plan and prepare exciting play opportunities that meet all children’s developmental needs and stimulate their learning, ensuring full integration of all.
- To establish and maintain positive relationships with children and their families in a way that values parental involvement.
- To observe and assess children’s development and keep accurate records of their achievements.
- To provide a service that respects children’s life experiences and celebrates diversity in terms of language, culture, ability, race and religion.
- To work effectively as part of a team and provide cover for the Deputy manager/Manager, when necessary.
Health and Safety:
- To ensure that the physical environment of the nursery is maintained to comply with the requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act.
- To ensure that a daily Health & Safety checks are carried out.
- To have clear knowledge of procedures to be followed in case of emergency e.g. Fire, and accident, completing and submitting relevant paperwork.
- To report any repairs or replacement of equipment to the Management Team.
- To carry out appropriate indoor and outdoor equipment checks, checking the garden before each use.
- To ensure the nursery is kept clean and hygienic at all times and to carry out cleaning duties throughout the day.
- Complete an evaluation before and after training, following agreed actions to improve practice.
- To support trainee staff and that appropriate learning objectives are assessed and evaluated accordingly.
- Diploma/Foundation Degree (Level 4) of Higher Education.
- QTS Registration.
- 1 Year of Teaching experience in an Montessori environment.
- Enhanced DBS.
- COVID-19 Test required X2 per week (1 before they start too).
- Full PPE when at work.
- 33 days annual leave (2 Weeks at Christmas and 1 Week at Easter).
- 1 Hour work break (Working hours are 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM).