An exciting position has arisen for an Nursery Nurse (Level 3) based in Bow, London!!
Caring for children aged 0-24 Months
About the Nursery:
- This lovely establishment has been operating for 25 years.
- Our client's principal aim is to provide a happy, holistic, caring and secure environment for children from birth to 5 years.
- The structured Montessori pre-school program is designed to stimulate and enhance each child’s educational and social development providing an excellent foundation for school and later life.
- A caring and supportive environment for all staff, children and parents/carers alike
- A child’s learning is through carefully planned themes using the criteria of the government’s Early Years Foundation Stage and the Montessori Method of teaching.
Purpose of Role:
- To provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the setting.
- To give support to other personnel within the Setting.
- To implement the daily routine in the base room.
- Liaise with Parent’s and Carer’s sharing information about their child’s development.
- With your staff team, deliver a programme of exciting play opportunities and activities suitable to the age range and developmental needs of the children in your room which will motivate their learning and integration within the nursery.
- To ensure that a caring and stimulating environment is provided for children that takes into account individual developmental needs and enables children to reach their full potential
- Keep an accurate ‘Learning Journey’ file on your key children, for parents to look at and comment in, sharing with them every twelve weeks.
- Work with parents of special needs children to give full integration in the nursery.
- Liaise with and support parents and other family members.
- To be involved in out of working hour’s activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, Christmas party, etc.
- Record accidents on accident forms and follow Safeguarding procedures in recording all accidents and incidents. Inform Manager/Deputy Manager of accidents recorded.
- Ensure preparation and completion of activities to suit the child’s stage of development.
- To ensure that mealtimes are a time of pleasant socialisation and role modelling of good table manners and sharing.
- To wash and change the children as required.
- Provide comfort and warmth to an unwell child.
- To ensure the provision of a high-quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds, and stages of development.
- To ensure children to staff ratios are maintained.
- To maintain personal contact with parents through meetings, parents evenings, open days and informal conversations.
- Experience of working with children under 5 in an Early Years setting for minimum 2 years (Especially with children under 2 Years of Age).
- Experience of working with parents/carers.
- Experience planning activities around the Early Years Foundation Stage and the age/stage of the child's development.
- Level 3 in Early Years and Childcare (Essential).
- Basic Food Hygiene (Desirable).
- First Aid (Desirable).
- Health & safety (Desirable)
- Child protection (Desirable)
Knowledge and Understanding:
- Child protection issues.
- Able to ensure the safety and welfare of young children
- Able to participate in the observing and assessment process against the EYFS
- Able to ensure the safety and welfare of young children.
- Child Development of babies and children aged 0-24 Months
- Ability to use IT.
- Flexible manner.
- Can work independently as well as part of a team.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Able to reflect and learn.
- Enhanced DBS (This is something we can provide)
33 days annual leave (2 Weeks at Christmas and 1 Week at Easter).
Full Benefits included
Training can be provided for first aid, health & safety, child protection and food hygiene
Supportive management who look after their team members
Continuous Personal Development