Let’s Grow Where We Live
Would you like to become part of an innovative and collaborative organisation working to create better places to live where nature enriches all their built environments? If you are looking for a rewarding role in parks management, working for a not-for-profit, Sheffield based organisation, then this vacancy could be just for you.
Following a recent revisioning of their company vision, mission and purpose, an exciting new opportunity has arisen for a dedicated Parks Manager to drive forward the development and quality of their vital green space assets.
About the Role
As a key member of their team, you will be leading on the delivery of quality green and open space management across all of Green Estate’s Parks.
You are a hardworking, innovative thinking and energetic individual who wants to make a difference and will strive in a challenging and evolving environment
You will be a confident lead in the presentation and ongoing development of GE Parks in line with the masterplans/management plans; ensuring that they are maintained to the highest possible standards, with the user experience being of paramount importance
As the first point of contact for all stakeholders, you will provide an exceptional level of service and stakeholder engagement with ease, as well as assisting in identifying and acquiring additional funding streams to help drive development of the sites.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Landscape & Parks Management: You will have considerable experience of and confidence in planning, developing, and managing parks. You will have studied a landscape related degree, possibly at postgraduate level or equivalent
- Health and Safety: You will have a broad understanding of health & safety issues relating to landscape maintenance and will have experience of writing risk assessments, undertaking regular and routine checks and taking decisions, actions and reporting on risks. You are highly conscientious to all health and safety concerns
- Site Maintenance: you will be proactive and enthusiastic in caring for their parks and open spaces to ensure each visitor has the best experience. You will be diligent in ensuring that all regular and routine tasks are completed by the Parks team.You will be fully aware (and most likely have prior experience of) the range of tasks involved in keeping a Park well presented, safe and secure; including landscape maintenance, litter picking, graffiti removal and play equipment checks
- Finance and Funding: You will be skilled in managing expenditure against set budgets. You will be able to identify relevant and obtainable funding sources for parks development and be innovative in finding creative ways to create additional funding streams for the management of GE Parks. You will have experience in completing successful funding applications and have a good knowledge of all the required supporting documentation
- Urban Nature and Impact: You will have a solid understanding of designed ecology, urban nature and sustainable land management practices and the benefits they bring for urban communities
- Communication: You are an excellent and confident communicator with verbal and written communication skills that are second-to-none
In turn they can offer you:
- A friendly and supportive working environment working within a unique and diverse organisation
- On-going training and development
- 31 days annual leave pro rata, company sick pay scheme, company life assurance and free onsite parking
This role is based in their Sheffield offices with occasional working during evenings and weekends as required.
Closing date: 28th August 2021
Interview date: Mid-September 2021
How to Apply
If this role is of interest and you would like to learn more, you can attach your CV to the link provided and the Hiring Company will be in direct contact.
Applicants are required to complete an application form which can be obtained by contacting the company via the following email; - firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 0114 276 2828 or through the company website https://greenestate.org.uk/jobs/
Green Estate is a Social Enterprise Company that believes in Equal Opportunities for its employees and the communities it supports.