Purpose of the post:
- From a payroll perspective, ensure that the Authority meets the requirements of current and changing pension legislation and its application, to be the Council's intermediary representative for the Clwyd Pension Fund, Teachers' Pensions, The Peoples Pension and The Pensions Regulator.
- Utilising their advanced technical knowledge of the Local Government Pension Scheme Rules and relevant Regulations, ensure that all documented processes and procedures from a payroll perspective are maintained and available for other members of Employment Services to follow.
- To ensure the relevant HR & OD team members are advised of any proposals and/or changes to pension arrangements and the impact of these on the transactional activities/processes/communications.
- To provide advice and guidance to managers and employees on the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS), Teachers’ Pensions and Peoples Pension schemes. Liaising with representatives of those schemes.
- To undertake payroll related pension administration, ensuring correct application, accuracy and timescales are met for internal and external clients. Ensuring that work is completed within statutory and service level agreements deadlines.
- To maintain a thorough knowledge of all the pensions schemes covering all employees and external clients of the Council. Having a correct understanding and application of the LGPS, Teachers Pensions, Peoples Pension Schemes and /Statutory Schemes/Legislation/Council Policies and Procedures/Conditions of Service/Discretions and other relevant regulations/ guidance as they affect payroll related pensions administration.
- Educated to BTEC Higher/NVQ level IV in an appropriate discipline (e.g Finance and administration, Business and Finance) or be in the possession of the IPP or able to demonstrate substantial experience in Local Government Pensions.
- Effective technical expertise in all aspects of LGPS and Teachers Pensions and People Pensions provision.
- Experience & knowledge of working within a confidential environment with highly sensitive data/information.
- Able to present information to groups coherently and in a manner which maintains interest and secures understanding.
- Ability to interpret legislation, communicate this to others and ensure compliance with procedures, policies, legal frameworks and quality standards.
- Proven experience and proficiency of working with computerised systems together with the ability to use Microsoft software i.e. Word, Excel, Visio, Project and PowerPoint.