Location: Chichester West Sussex United Kingdom
6 Months contract with a Local Authority
Required to attend the Chichester office every Tuesday, the rest of the work can be worked from home
- We are looking for a Press Officer, dealing with media enquiries and generating proactive media content.
- Ability to also work on wider communications campaigns using a variety of channels including social media, e-Newsletters, advertising and videos.
- As a Press Officer in the Communications & Engagement Team you will deliver a first-class range of communications and engagement activity, focusing on key strategic traditional and social media management and relations activities, while supporting campaigns.
- Working on a number of creative projects at one time, you will ensure that all communications activity is evaluated to show its impact by creating, managing and monitoring plans and providing quantifiable data through a variety of methods to track the success of the activity.
- You will help to identify and support the council's promotional campaigns, behavioural change programmes, and projects in order to maximise opportunities.
- You will have a real understanding of council services in order to spot opportunities and make relationships with key staff within the organisation.
- You will also have an understanding of the news agenda both locally and nationally to make sure the county council is exploiting every opportunity and reacting to the stories of the day.
- You will be required to participate in an out-of-hours on-call rota, for which an additional allowance is provided.
- Responsible for providing effective and efficient day to day support to the Communications and Engagement Leads for development and analysis of new and ongoing media and communications activity.
- Compiling, analysing and producing market intelligence on the most effective communication channels.
- Handling routine media enquiries effectively and developing productive working relationships with media contacts.
- Interpreting complex information to produce quality communications material with minimal guidance.
- Evaluating the impact of media and communications activity, including the impact on audience, resource requirements, risks and campaign costs.
- Devising and implementing mechanisms to evaluate all outputs to be able to demonstrate the effectiveness of all communications.
- Writing campaign material e.g. press releases, social media posts, written briefs and proposals to achieve successful outcomes.
- Providing support, training and / or mentoring to colleagues as required in order to meet team objectives.