To project manage high value procurement projects and deliver value for money contracts which comply with UK Public Contracts Regulations which support Strategic Sourcing Strategies. You will be leading on a number of Indirect projects within the procurement team, which will include (but not limited to) IT and Digital, Consultancy and HR related services, Facilities Management, Marketing, Print and Fleet.
- Provide specialist advice, guidance, support and challenge to internal /external stakeholders
- Identify and interpret issues, trends and problems which may have a broad impact for organisations.
- Manage risk within area of responsibility. Ensure all stakeholders are aware of and comply with relevant regulations and procedures.
- Prepare and present a full range of reports (both standard and non-standard) covering area of responsibility.
- Provide support for junior staff including the mentoring of support officers and supervision where appropriate.
- Ensure the necessary standards relating to safeguarding best practices/protocols are effectively communicated, monitored and maintained.
- Act in accordance with all policies and procedures which apply to the job and understand the reasons for this.
- To lead on the development of procurement and commissioning arrangements for services working through all stages of options appraisal, analysing market intelligence, supplier engagement and tendering.
- Contribute to the design/delivery of services which meet the desired outcomes of residents
- Undertake all activities associated with the management of electronic contracts register.
- Liaise with delivery partners / providers / suppliers to commission / co-ordinate /evaluate appropriate service delivery /capacity within area of responsibility.
- Negotiate contractual / framework agreements and support their implementation as required
- Support effective commissioning within area of responsibility.
- Monitor and report on performance/ service standards as required
- To develop sourcing strategies for tactical spend areas e.g. office supplier
- Analyse information and identify issues for action / further review.
- To work collaboratively with other authorities on joint procurement initiatives
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Practical experience of letting a wide range of contracts delivering savings
- Practical experience of working with the UK Public Contracts Regulations
- Experience of the entire contract cycle from developing options through to tendering, awarding and managing the contracts
- Experience of working with and leading a cross functional team;
- Practical experience of managing supplier relationships and negotiating contract changes;
- The ability to flexibly manage a number of tenders at one time;
- Good communication and influencing skills;
- Good level of numeracy & I.T. skills i.e., proficiency in using Microsoft packages and the Internet.
- Understanding of the contribution that procurement can make to the economy, the environment and the equality agenda;
- Experience of working with e-procurement and e-tendering systems
- Strong customer service skills
- CIPs accreditation or relevant procurement experience.