The Advanced Practitioner is required to have significant Referral & Assessment experience, they will hold a slightly reduced caseload. So that in addition to their caseload the post holder will:
- Assist & support less experienced staff, ASYE, Students
- Attend court, conferences and joint visits Support the Team manager with duty tasks to include screening cases and responding to contacts (open cases)
- Attend relevant partnership meetings
- Deputise for the Team Manager on duty matters this may include strategy discussions with the police.
- Co-working cases with less experienced social workers, including ASYE
- Attend conferences without a Team Manager and where appropriate it may be agreed for the ASWP to chair Strategy Meeting.
- Support and lead on Group Supervision as and when appropriate.
Skills and Abilities
- Significant R & A experience
- Ability To Deal With Sensitive Issues
- At least 4 years experience within children's Qualified Social Care
- Knowledge Of Child Development, Child Protection Procedures And Risk To Children
- Experience Of Working With Children On The Child Protection Register And Children Looked After
- Enhanced DBS
- Dipsw Qualified Or Equivalent