Location: Bracknell Berkshire United Kingdom
|Technical Officer: Disabled Facilities Grants|
- To assist in the administration of Disabled Facilities Grants (DFG) and other grants/loan services to improve housing conditions within Bracknell Forest.
- To undertake visits to client's home to facilitate the adaptations and application process, inspect the property and provide advice about the feasibility of adaptations, benefits, the application process and timescales involved. Some of these visits will be made jointly with the OT.
- HHRS qualified and experienced would be beneficial.
- To carry out financial assessments and assist clients in the process of completing application forms, taking on the role of supporting the client through the process, should this be required.
- Drafting the scheme and schedule of works, gaining approval from the OT and client, and sending out invitations to tender
- Undertaking analysis of returned contract tenders for works, and recommending acceptance or otherwise, manage queries, issue contract instructions and monitor works to ensure adherence to specifications, and legislation.
- Assist with the grant approval process, checking completed works and preparing invoices for payments.
- The ability to use the relevant I.T systems, provide statistical and monitoring data.
- To outline both the current position and timescales involved in the adaptation process.
- Ability and willingness to make planning applications
- Must be able to work as a team - sharing information and providing updates when necessary
- You will be the single point of contact for client, OTs and contractors.
- A current DBS is required
- Must be willing and able to work during core office hours 9:00 to 17:00
- Must have access to own vehicle during working hours